Our Frassati community is composed of several small, weekly-meeting cell groups (college-age, and those in their 20s and 30s). Taking to heart Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati’s words, “The higher we go, the better we shall hear the voice of Christ,” our dynamic ministry encourages prayer, study, and lively engagement with others and with the Church. We ask our members to make the following commitments: anonymously serve someone every day; pray the Angelus at 6:00 a.m., noon, and 6:00 p.m. to unify our mission through Our Lady’s help.
If you are interested in joining a group, fill out our contact form and include the group name(s), if any.
Our group includes young adults of a variety of ages and stages of life, including some college students and some individuals in the workforce. We are a group of people who love to laugh, eat guacamole, drink wine, and discuss the practical application of faith into our lives.
–Christine: I am from Kokomo, Indiana, but now live in the Carmel area. I am an RN at Riley Hospital, which is such a blessing. I am currently in graduate school as well to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. I enjoy spending time with family and friends, playing the piano, and cooking some delicious Italian food.
–Becky: I am a music therapist working with individuals with special needs in the Indy metro area. I graduated from the University of Dayton (Go Flyers!). I enjoy listening to Catholic podcasts on my commutes, as well as singing and playing the marimba in my free time.
“Merely having an open mind is nothing.
The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid.”
~G. K. Chesterton
Lovingly called “The Inklings,” after the writers’ club of which C. S. Lewis and Tolkien were members, we are a deep-thinking, truth-seeking group who turns to the Saints and other Christian authors to help unlock the beautiful Mysteries of God and our Faith. Food is always a must at meetings, and we do service work around Indy and fun social activities on the weekends!
–James: I was born and raised in Carmel, Indiana, and have been a member of OLMC since 2014. I attended Carmel High School and received my Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Purdue University. In my free time, I enjoy watching sports, especially… well, all of them. I also read, live, and breathe G.K. Chesterton. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
–Emily: I grew up in Greencastle, Indiana, just down the street from DePauw University. My dad sparked my love for Christ and the Catholic faith – his words “Offer it up!” still ring in my ears – but the Catholic community was very small in town at the time. It wasn’t until I attended Purdue that I discovered the Catholic Church is GIGANTIC, and there are SO MANY people my age who are on fire for God! I graduated from Purdue with a degree in Biomedical Engineering, and am now working here in Indianapolis. I am a runner (when not stopping to take photos), and I enjoy painting, sketching, hiking, and reading in my free time. Oh, and my two cats are named Patrick and Brigid.
–John: I was born and raised in Carmel, Indiana, with breaks only to attend Purdue up in West Lafayette and to student teach at Mishawaka High School. I am employed as a middle school engineering technology teacher, as well as a camp counselor for YMCA Camp Tecumseh during the summers. I am also very active in youth ministry. In my free time, I enjoy superhero/sci-fi Netflix series, board and video games, and disc golf.
– Rick: I come from a large Catholic family of 12, born and raised in central Minnesota. We all have a love for music, but I think it was my mother and her strong operatic voice that began my desire to pursue music. I spent two years serving as a missionary with NET Ministries based in West St. Paul, MN. After I finished my missionary service, I followed a call to serve as a Music and Liturgy Coordinator at a parish near Indianapolis. Now that I am living in Indiana, I see the beauty of my childhood and the gift it was to grow up in such a family-centered life. I owe everything to my family, but especially my parents. God bless you Mom and Dad, and thank you for choosing life; I am loving it!
– Anjulia: I grew up in Indianapolis and now live in Carmel with my fantastic husband, Patrick. I’m an analyst at Allegient, a local technology consulting firm. I love my Catholic faith, chocolate, reading, traveling, cooking, chocolate, spending time with friends & family, chocolate, and did I mention chocolate? Please consider our group if you and your spouse/fiance want an inviting place to grow in your faith!
– James: I am an extremely funny, smart, and good looking young man (at least that’s what my wife tells me). I graduated from Indiana University in May of 2015, got married to my beautiful wife Stephanie in June, and started my first real job in July of 2015, as a Marketing Specialist for Venture Logistics. I have had a lot of changes in my life recently, but the consistency of my faith and Frassati have allowed me to stay grounded. I am so happy to be part of Frassati and love how approachable and “real” my group is.
– Lizzie: I am originally from Carmel, IN, and I have been a parishioner at OLMC for over 15 years. I currently live in Zionsville with my amazing husband, Andrew. I graduated from Purdue University, where I studied to be a speech-language pathologist. I work for the Carmel school district, and I love my job! When I am not at work, I enjoy traveling, cooking, playing board games, and helping with youth ministry. My greatest desire is to know the Lord more fully and to share His love with others.
– Michelle: I have been a member at OLMC since I was 3 years old. I am a special education teacher in Carmel Clay Schools. Recently, I lived in Haiti for about a year and a half. My interests include reading, traveling, and Colts football!
–Robert: I am a natural born Hoosier, though I’ve been away from home most of my life. After spending time working with NET Ministries, studying at the University of St. Thomas (as a John Vianney seminarian), and teaching high school theology in North Dakota, I finally found a job at Guerin Catholic and moved back to the promised land. In my free time, I enjoy working with my hands, spending time in nature, and reflecting on the theological importance of the most recent Marvel movie.
–Jim: I’m a Kokomovian born-and-raised and a Carmel transplant (what’s new here??). This ol’ boy is a Purdue grad and a former seminarian for our diocese. Chances are that I’d like to have a beer and play music with you! One of my guilty pleasures is saying (and/or doing) weird things just to watch you figure out how to respond.
–Candy: I was born in California, raised in Westfield, Indiana. I am an Indiana State graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Speech Language Pathology. I work as a speech therapist assistant at a preschool in Indianapolis. I enjoy praising the Lord through song and fellowship with friends. In my spare time I enjoy rollerblading, riding my bike, hiking (anything nature!) and preparing for mini marathons. Oh and of course the occasional Netflix marathons! 🙂
–Alexandra: I love Jesus, Mary, and gin & tonics.
What even are we? …hmmm we would love to know. On the outside we look like a group of girls who range from late college to new born adults. We share conversation over wine, tea, flavored popcorn, summer cheese, and most likely chocolate. But for real, we are interested in growing in holiness through the friendships made in this group, and inviting the Lord to be an active presence in our daily lives. Trying to be apart of the fortunate group of individuals that “just get it.” (Please come to our group…we want you)
– Kristina: My name is Kristina and I am 22, but sometimes feel like an 8 year old. But for real, I can be super weird, but aren’t we all? I graduated from St. Mary’s College in May of 2016, and now I’m a nurse at St. Vincent, and I absolutely love it. I also love being outdoors, country music, watching (can’t play) sports, and just being a girl with my friends, chick flicks, chocolate, and wine! I love this group because it encompasses my love for my friends along with my desires to get closer to God and incorporate Him into my daily life. It is amazing to have a supportive group of women in the same stage of life who also want to love and serve the Lord in everything! Please feel free to contact me anytime about joining our group!
– Jaclyn: Hello all! My name is Jaclyn, and I graduated from University of Evansville with a degree in Civil Engineering in May 2016. After graduation, I learned how to ride a dirt bike and resulted in some pretty cool scars to show! I really enjoy waking up every morning to see what’s in store for me at the office as well as life outside of work. I thoroughly enjoy being around people, going on adventures, crafting, re-purposing items, blogging (poems are my specialty), pilates/yoga, listening to country pop music, playing cards, watching action-ish/romantic-ish movies, and wine! I am always ready to take on any obstacle with enthusiasm. Life takes you on so many twists and turns, but God places you on the perfect path to which lead me to this group.
Interested in starting a Cell Group?
Don’t see a group that fits your schedule, or have people in mind to form a new group?